Sweet & Sour Stir Fry with Colorful Veggies & Pineapple
Sweet & Sour Stir Fry with Colorful Veggies & Pineapple Recipe
Prep & cook time: 45 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami
- 1 Onion
- 1 Colored Pepper (I like red for color)
- 24 oz. frozen Stir Fry Veggies (or 4-5 cups fresh cubed broccoli, cauli, carrots, peapods)
- 8 oz. can Pineapple Chunks (or fresh)
- ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar – “from the mother” is best)
- Duck Sauce (in the Oriental aisle)
- Quick Cooking Rice (or Rice Noodles)
- Sesame Oil
- Cook Rice or Noodles according to package directions, and keep warm (skip this step if eating low carb).
- Whisk Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami into Duck Sauce & Apple Cider Vinegar, and set aside.
- Prep Veggies by cutting them into approx. 1” chunks (use 1/2 or full onion depending on your taste), and set aside.
- Cut Wild Bird Breasts or Chicken Breasts into 1” cubes, and brown (a few seconds per side) on high in Sesame Oil in a wok or large pot. Turn heat to medium, stirring and cooking until meat is almost done. Add chunked veggies, stirring and cooking until veggies are al dente (or to desired doneness). Mix in Pineapple Chunks (drained) and sauce until warm, and serve over Rice or Noodles.Gourmet Tip: Buy Apple Cider Vinegar “from the mother,” as it’s fermented with probiotic qualities, so a healthy addition to recipes.