Broccoli Cheese Soup with Shredded Chicken or Bird
Broccoli Cheese Soup with Shredded Chicken or Bird Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3 Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded (optional if you want to make it a meal)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 4 cups chopped Broccoli Florets (12 oz. frozen florets)
- 1 white Onion
- Chicken Stock (or Broth)
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 oz. Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 T. Butter
- 1/4 cup Dry Vermouth Wine (found at any liquor store)
- In a large soup pot, saute 1/2 chopped Onion in Butter until translucent.
- Chop Broccoli into tiny pieces (you’ll need about 3 cups total). Place broccoli in pot with onion, cover with Chicken Stock or broth, and cook until soft.
- In a separate sauce pan on low heat, whisk Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon into Vermouth Wine, and then stir in Half & Half, Cream Cheese, and shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese until blended & warm.
- Add the cheese mixture to the soup pot & stir.Gourmet Tip: If thicker soup is desired, mix a “roux” of 1-2 T. Flour (or Corn Starch) & cold water into a paste consistency, then add this to the soup, stirring & cooking as it thickens.