Savory Shrimp Tacos with Avocado & Mango Slaw
Savory Shrimp Tacos with Avocado & Mango Slaw Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 16 oz. raw peeled & deveined Shrimp
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami
- 16 oz. chopped Cabbage
- 3 Scallions
- 1 Avocado
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 8 oz. can diced Mango (or fresh)
- 8 Soft Shells
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Crème Fraiche (or Sour Cream)
- White Wine (any white – even Vermouth or Sherry)
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a large bowl, whisk Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami into EVOO & White Wine. Mix in peeled & deveined raw Shrimp. Marinate for 10 – 30 minutes.
- Scoop out shrimp, spreading in a single layer on a baking dish, and bake for about 8 minutes (until translucent – don’t overcook).
- Pour the marinade into a sauce pan, and boil for 10 minutes. Stir in Crème Fraiche (or sour cream). In a large bowl, put the Cabbage, diced Mango (drained), diced Avocado, chopped Scallions (with some green parts) and 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro. Mix all this with the sauce, adding more Cilantro to taste.
- Open Soft Shells and stuff with shrimp and the creamy slaw. Serve with Lime wedges for squirting.Gourmet Tip: Cooking with wines, citrus and vinegars adds depth to recipes through acidity. Don’t be afraid to splash a bit into any recipe that needs some flavor!