Hearty Baked Upland Bird, Waterfowl or Chicken Pot Pie
Hearty Baked Upland Bird, Waterfowl or Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Prep & cook time: 45 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 6-8 boneless skinless Breasts (or 3 Chicken boobs)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 large Potato (or Sweet Potato), diced
- 1⁄4 cup Butter
- 16 oz. frozen Mixed Veggies(peas, carrots, beans, corn)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or broth)
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- Bake Bird Breasts (400° for about 15 mins), and cut into 1” chunks.
- In a large soup pot, cook Onion, Celery and Potato in Butter for about 5 minutes (until soft). Remove from stove and mix in the Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon, frozen Veggies and Chicken Stock. Salt & Pepper to taste.Gourmet Tip:
For a thicker mixture, use more diced potato. The starchy potato will thicken the sauce as it bakes.
- Mix in the diced chicken, and place mixture into a 9” x 9” baking dish. Top this with the Crescent Rolls & bake uncovered at 400° for 25 minutes.