Savory Whole Game Birds
Savory Whole Game Birds Recipe
Prep & cook time: 90 minutes (8 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 4-8 Game Birds (Quail, Duck, Pheasant or a Wild Turkey)
- 1 Packet Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic (2 T. jar is fine, too)
- Enough Apples & Onions to stuff the birds
- 8 slices Bacon
- Large Roasting Pan
- Place Birds in a large roasting pan, breast side up. Slide your hand underneath the skin to separate it from the meat. Crush Fresh Garlic, and mix with the Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon. Go back underneath the skin to rub seasoning all over the meat.Gourmet Tip:
For even more tenderness, juiciness & flavor, soak birds in something acidic for 6+ hours, like vinegar water, apple or orange juice, brine, or even beer or wine!
- Peel the Apples & Onions, cut into chunks (and mix with the garlic mixture if unable to get underneath the skin), and stuff the birds. Drape Bacon over the top. Cover loosely with foil, and bake at 300° for 1-2 hours to internal temperature of 150° (don’t overcook). Uncover during the last 30 minutes to brown. Remove and discard apples & onions before serving.Gourmet Tip:
For even faster bulk prep and storage, freeze whole birds or breasts in Marinade: Mix packet with 1/2 cup each of Olive Oil & Vinegar. Then birds will flavor and tenderize (“brine”) while thawing!