Veggie Bisque with Maple Drizzle & Balsamic Prosciutto Crostini
Veggie Bisque with Maple Drizzle & Balsamic Prosciutto Crostini Recipe
Prep & cook time: 60 mins. (4 servings as a meal; 8 as a side dish)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 8 cups Root Veggies (zucchini, squash, carrots, parsnips, celeriac, onion… any one or all work great)
- Chicken Stock (or broth)
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Cream Cheese
- Sherry Cooking Wine (found at any liquor store)
- Italian Prosciutto (thin-sliced)
- 2 fresh Tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar (GOOD stuff – not balsamic glaze)
- Provolone Slices
- Hard Crostini (or a French loaf)
- Cut Root Veggies (no need to peel them) into large (approx. 2″) chunks (you’ll need 8 cups total). In a large soup pot, place veggies and cover them with Chicken Stock or broth. Cook until soft, and then place in the freezer (or let sit) to cool a bit.
- Once lukewarm, transfer all to a blender, and blend until smooth.Gourmet Tip: Hold the lid down tight with a towel, as any heat will produce pressure!
- Transfer back to the soup pot, and whisk in Cream Cheese, Sherry (cooking wine), and Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon. Cook until hot, stirring often.
- Transfer to bowls, and drizzle each with Pure Maple Syrup.
- Drizzle Crostini with an excellent Balsamic, and top with a slice of Tomato, then Prosciutto, then Provolone.
- Place under the broiler. Drizzle with more Balsamic before serving.