stir fry recipe
Swanky & Savory Peanutty Hoisin Stir Fry
This recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 3 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, Beef, or Pork (leftover meat works great)
♦ 2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Swanky & Savory
♦ 1 Onion
♦ 1 Colored Pepper (I like red for color)
♦ 24 oz. frozen Stirfry Veggies (or 4-5 cups fresh cubed broccoli, cauli, carrots, peapods)
♦ Hoisin Sauce (in the Oriental aisle)
♦ Quick Cooking Rice (or Rice Noodles)
♦ Sesame Oil
♦ Peanut Butter
1. Prepare 4 servings of Rice or Noodles (unless eating low carb 🙂
2. Cut Meat into 1” chunks, and place in a wok or very large frying pan. (If using leftover meat, skip this cooking step.) Cook on high in 1 T. Sesame Oil until mostly done.
3. Remove meat from pan with a slotted spoon, add Stir Fry Veggies (cut into 1” chunks), and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir 2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Swanky & Savory into 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce and 1/2 cup Peanut Butter.
5. Add meat back to the wok. Mix in sauce & serve over rice or noodles. Gourmet Tip: Be careful not to preheat “toasted” oils (like toasted sesame oil), as the toasting process already cooked the oil. Essentially, when you use toasted oils in cooking, you’re cooking them again, so your recipes may have a slight burnt taste!
WINE: A classic fantastic Cabernet (red) or rich & buttery Chardonnay (white)… or, of course, Saki!
Fantastic & super easy!