Garden Squash & Game Bird (or Chicken) Casserole
Garden Squash & Game Bird (or Chicken) Casserole Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 mins (with precooked squash – otherwise 75 mins). (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Chick
- 1 Onion
- 1 large Squash (3-4 cups – spaghetti, acorn, or butternut works great)
- 1 cup shredded Carrot
- 12 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup (organic is best)
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Stab a large garden Squash (any kind) several times, and put in a baking dish in 375º oven for about 45 minutes (or until tender when stabbed). At the same time, bake Wild Bird or Chicken Breasts (salt & pepper first) for about 15 minutes (to 160º).Gourmet Tip: Investing in a good meat thermometer is always a great idea.
- In a large pot, slice and saute Bacon, along with chopped Onion and shredded Carrot on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven, and let cool. Turn oven up to 400º. Scrape squash out of skin, cut into small cubes, and add to the pot. Add 1/2 cup Water, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon and Cream of Chicken Soup. Pepper to taste.
- Slice and place cooked meat in bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, and spread the squash mixture on top. Top with Panko Bread Crumbs and grated Parmesan Cheese. Bake uncovered at 400º for 10 minutes.