Wilted Spinach Blueberry Bleu Salad with Balsamic Pear Glaze
Wilted Spinach Blueberry Bleu Salad with Balsamic Pear Glaze Recipe
Prep & cook time: 20 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 3 strips Bacon
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang
- 3 Scallions
- 20 oz. fresh Spinach
- 1 Bartlett Pear
- 4 oz. Blueberries (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 4 oz. crumbled Bleu Cheese
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- Cut 3 strips of Bacon into bite-sized pieces and cook in sauce pan for 2-3 minutes. Drain all but about 1 T. of the fat, and add chopped Scallions (white and green parts) and Pecan Halves to the pan. Saute 2-3 mins more. Mix in Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang, EVOO & Balsamic Vinegar, and heat for a minute more.Gourmet Tip: It’s worth the trip to a gourmet store for good Balsamic Vinegar (NOT Balsamic Glaze). It will thicken and sweeten with heat, turning to a nice caramelized consistency. Be sure to stir it while cooking, so it doesn’t get too thick and gooey.
- Remove from heat and toss warm dressing in a large salad bowl with Spinach, 1 peeled & thin-sliced Bartlett Pear, Blueberries & Bleu Cheese crumbles.
Make it a Meal: Add Chicken & serve with an awesome crusty Bread.