Sweet & Tangy Balsamic Glazed Salmon with Feta & Berries Spinach Salad
Sweet & Tangy Balsamic Glazed Salmon
with Feta & Berries Spinach Salad Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1 Packet Spitfire Gourmet Sweet Catch
- 4 Salmon Filets (4-6 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), divided
- 2 T. Dijon Mustard
- 3 strips Bacon, chopped (or cooked bits)
- 8 oz. Spinach (about 8 cups)
- 3 Scallions (green onion), chopped
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 6 oz. Strawberries, sliced (about 8 large)
- 4 oz. Blueberries (small clamshell—about 1 cup)
- An Awesome Crusty Bread (optional)
- Mix half the Sweet Catch Packet with 2 T. each of Balsamic Vinegar, EVOO & Mustard.
For intense flavor, marinate Salmon in this mixture for 1-2 hours.
- Gently blot moisture from Salmon with paper towels, and place filets into a baking dish (skin side down). Baste the tops with the mustard mixture, and grill or bake at 425° for 8 minutes until they flake with a fork. Optional: Finish for a minute under the broiler to create a “crust,” but don’t overcook!
Salmon skin absorbs pollutants, so it’s best to scrape off the skin (and brown part) after cooking & before serving.
- For Salad, cook Bacon, and drain. In a separate bowl, whisk remaining half of the Sweet Catch Packet with 2 T. each of Balsamic Vinegar & EVOO. Mix this dressing with the bacon, and immediately toss with Spinach, Scallions (use some green parts, too), Feta & the Berries. Serve all with Bread.
Scissors work great for cutting raw bacon.
Pork or Wild Boar. Just double the oil & vinegar and marinate for a few hours or a couple days