Prime Rib or Game Roast with Savory Horseradish Cream
Prime Rib or Game Roast with Savory Horseradish Cream Recipe
Prep & cook time: 90 minutes (12 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1 Packet Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami
- 1 Boneless Prime Rib or Game Roast 5-8 lbs.
- 1 T. Fresh Garlic (or 2 T. jar is fine)
- Fresh Rosemary
- 3 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 T.+ Prepared Horseradish
- Let Prime Rib or Roast sit to reach room temp while preheating oven to 500°. Strip Rosemary into a small mixing bowl, and stir in Garlic, EVOO and the Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami PacketGourmet Tip:
To strip Rosemary (and other herbs), hold the thinner end of the sprig with one hand over a bowl, and use your other hand and fingernails to slide down the sprig in one sweep, starting at the top and scraping the little leaves off in the opposite direction of their growth.
- Pat Meat to dry with paper towels, then rub roast all over with the mixture. Place in a deep roasting pan, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. The lower to 325°, leaving roast in for about 12 minutes per pound, checking its temp (don’t overcook): 115° for rare, 125° med/rare, 135° medium.Gourmet Tip: Never cut into meat too early, as you’ll lose juices. Invest in a great meat thermometer, and always let meat rest after cooking to seal in juices. This “rest period” will cause meat to cook about 5 de-grees more, so keep this in mind.