Ceviche, Poké Bowls or Fish Tacos
Ceviche, Poké Bowls or Fish Tacos Recipe
Prep & cook time: 75 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet Catch
- 12 oz. firm deboned Whitefish, Tuna, or Salmon
- 2 Limes
- ½ cup Triple Sec (liquor)
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (1 T. jar)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 T. Jalapeno, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped (remove seeds)
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- 1 tsp. Black Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Mayo + Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Cut Fish with a sharp filet knife to bite-sized cubes, and blot to remove excess moisture. Marinate fish in the juice of 2 Limes and the Triple Sec for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.Gourmet Tip:
Lime “cooks” raw fish and kills some bacteria, but it’s important to start with “sushi grade” fish, which imply means that the fish was flash-frozen or frozen to –4° for 7+ days.
- Mix together Spitfire Gourmet Sweet Catch, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Red Onion, Jalapeno, Tomato, Cilantro & Avocado. Drain fish and gently add it to the mixture.
- Add Tabasco to taste. Garnish with Black Sesame Seeds.Gourmet Tip:
Make optional Remoulade Drizzle with 3 parts Mayo + 1 part Sriracha sauce.
If making Poke Bowls, mix the “cooked” drained fish with the Sweet Catch, Garlic & Sesame Oil. Place in bowls over hot cooked Rice, and arrange the remaining ingredients in the bowl separately. Top with Remoulade.
If making Tacos, grill the marinated fish, place in shells, and serve the remaining ingredients on top as a salsa. Shredded Cabbage is a nice addition, too. Top with Remoulade.