Savory Mu Shu Game Stir Fry
Savory Mu Shu Game Stir Fry Recipe
Prep & cook time: 25 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 11⁄2lbs. Flank Steak, Venison or any Big Game
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Swanky Flank
- 1⁄2 cup Hoisin Sauce (in the Oriental aisle)
- 2 T. Oyster Sauce (in the Oriental aisle)
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic (or 1 T. jar)
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 6 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 8 oz. Shitake Mushrooms
- 14 oz. bag Shredded Cabbage
- 1-2T. Cornstarch
- 1 Colored Pepper (red or orange great for color)
- Tortillas, Lettuce Cups or Rice Noodles (for serving)
- Whisk together the Swanky Flank, Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Garlic, Hoisin and Oyster Sauce. Cut Steak into thin strips, and marinate for a few minutes.Gourmet Tip: Slice meat across the grain for the best tenderness.
- Meanwhile, beat 2 Eggs. Put EVOO in a wok or large frying pan, and pour in the Eggs to cook until firm (like an omelet). Remove the Eggs, and place on a cutting board to cool. Chop into strips after cooling.
- Turn the heat to high, adding more oil to the wok if needed, and stir fry the meat (saving the marinade in the bowl) for about 2 minutes. Thinly slice the Scallions, Colored Pepper, and Mushrooms, and add them to the wok, along with the Cabbage and marinade. Simmer until done (about 6-8 minutes). Add the Egg back in. Thicken with Cornstarch while simmering to desired consistency. Serve in Tortillas or Lettuce Cups.
Chardonnay (white)… or, of course, Saki