Gourmet Cheesy Veggies
Gourmet Cheesy Veggies Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3 Chicken Breasts – optional
- 1/2 packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 2 medium-large Potatoes – optional
- 1/4 c. Dry Vermouth Wine (found at any liquor store)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or Broth)
- 1 c. Half & Half
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. grated Sharp Cheddar
- 24 oz. (about 4 cups) frozen Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and/or carrots)
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Peel and cut Potatoes into 1″ chunks, and cut Wild Bird or Chicken Breasts into 2″ chunks. Spread all on a baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes (until meat reaches about 160°).
- In a sauce pan on low heat, whisk Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon into Dry Vermouth wine, and then stir in Half & Half, Cream Cheese and Sharp Cheddar cheese until blended & warm.
- Arrange the Wild Bird or Chicken and Potatoes in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Layer 24 oz. Veggies on this, and pour cheese mixture over the top. Drizzle Chicken Stock over this if you think more moisture will be needed while baking. If desired, top with Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Bake at 375° uncovered for 15-20 minutes (until veggies are colorful & al dente, NOT dark & mushy).