Homemade Gnocchi with Burnt Butter Sauce
Homemade Gnocchi with Burnt Butter Sauce Recipe
Prep & cook time: 20 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon Packet
- 2 cups Flour (use your favorite)
- 2 cups pureed cooked Potato, Squash or any Root Veggie
- 2 Eggs
- 1 stick Butter
- Start water boiling, with 1 T. Salt.
Gourmet Tip: Liberally salting pasta water flavors while keeping cooking temperature consistent.
- Place all ingredients except the Butter in a mixing bowl, and mix with hand to consistency of cookie dough. Add more Flour if necessary. Roll dough into a long “snake” about ½” thick, and cut each piece to desired length (about ¾”).
- Carefully place cut pieces into boiling water, and cook until they float (about 2 minutes). As gnocchi rises to the top, use a slotted spoon to scoop it out, into a strainer.
- Place Butter in a saute pan, and cook until it bubbles and starts turns golden brown in color. Immediately toss burnt butter with gnocchi, and serve.