Cranberry Feta Green Salad with Game Birds or Chicken
Cranberry Feta Green Salad with Game Birds or Chicken Recipe
Prep & cook time: 35 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 strips Bacon (or good bits)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang
- 16 oz. Lettuces
- 3 Scallions
- 1 small Avocado
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Candied Walnuts
- Salt & Pepper, and bake or grill Wild Bird Breasts or Chicken Breasts (400° for approximately 20 minutes).
- Mix Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang into Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar.
- Toss with Lettuces, chopped Scallions (use some green parts, too), diced Avocado, cooked crumbled Bacon, and crumbled Feta Cheese. Add smashed Cranberries (not crushed, but just opened to release some flavor) and Candied Walnuts or Pecans.Gourmet Tip: Darker lettuces contain more nutrients than lighter iceberg lettuce, so reach for Romaine, leaf and other lettuces.
- Top with sliced Wild Bird Breasts or Chicken Breasts and serve.