Bird in Sherry Cream with Fresh Mushrooms, Greens & Gnocchi
Bird in Sherry Cream with Fresh Mushrooms, Greens & Gnocchi Recipe
Prep & cook time: 30 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 6-8 boneless skinless Breasts (or 4 Chicken boobs)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 4 servings Gnocchi or Pasta
- 1 Onion
- 2 T. Butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 16 oz. fresh Mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 10 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup (organic is best)
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 lb. fresh Spinach
- Prepare 4 servings Gnocchi or Pasta, and set aside. In a large skillet on high, place the diced Onion, Butter and Breasts, and sear for about 1 minute on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium/low, and stir in Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon, chopped Parsley, halved Mushrooms and Sherry, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any “brown” into the sauce. Simmer until breasts are done (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the Cream Cheese, Soup, Half & Half and chopped fresh Spinach. Cook until blended and warm, and serve over gnocchi or pasta.Gourmet Tip:
Be sure to cook Pasta in liberally salted water, as the salt not only
flavors the water, but also holds heat.
cheeses, vegetables and pastas l For a traditional cheesy sauce,
substitute Broth for the Cream of Mushroom Soup, and thicken
with Parmesan and rue