Bird or Chicken Bacon Veggie Pasta
Bird or Chicken Bacon Veggie Pasta Recipe
Prep & cook time: 40 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 5-6 Wild Bird Breasts or 3 Chicken Breasts (optional if you want to make it a meal)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 4 pieces Bacon
- 12 Asparagus spears
- 1 Onion
- 16 oz. Spinach
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Pasta
- 3 cups Milk (any kind – organic is best, though)
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan
- In a large pot or wok, cook chopped Bacon on high (not to crispy). Remove bacon and drain grease so there’s about 2 T. left in the pot.
- Add Wild Bird or Chicken Breasts (cut into 1” cubes), cooking just til browned, and remove it from the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add Bacon back to pot along with Asparagus, cut into 1” pieces, and 1/2 chopped Onion. Cook until onion is just translucent, then add Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon, Spinach, chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes and Milk, and bring to a boil. Stir periodically so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Once milk is bubbling, add the meat back in, along with Pasta, and stir frequently until pasta reaches desired doneness (approx. 10 mins).Gourmet Tip: You can substitute chicken broth or stock for part or all of the milk. The point is to cook the starchy pasta in something flavorful.
- Mix in Parmesan until melted.