Balsamic Glazed Beets
Balsamic Glazed Beets Recipe
Prep & cook time: 45 mins. (8 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 2 large Beets
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang
- 2 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (get the good stuff – NOT balsamic glaze)
- Rinse and wrap Beets in foil. Bake at 375º until easily poked with a fork (like a baked potato)… 60-90 minutes. Cool, then peel and dice into bite-sized pieces.Gourmet Tip: Beets cooked this way will peel easily – just slide the skin right off them.
- In a sauce pan, mix Spitfire Gourmet Zesty Sweet Tang into EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar. Add beets, and warm on medium on the stove, stirring occasionally.Gourmet Tip: You get what you pay for when buying balsamic vinegar. Get the good stuff. If your grocery store doesn’t carry this, a gourmet store will have it. Good balsamic is made from “grape must” (check the ingredients list). Don’t confuse this with balsamic glaze, which is cooked-down balsamic with added thickeners and sugars.