Colorful Bacon-Wrapped Bird Roll-Ups
Colorful Bacon-Wrapped Bird Roll-Ups Recipe
Prep & cook time: 40 minutes (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 8 boneless skinless Breasts (or 4 Chicken boobs)
- 1/2 Packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon
- 1 Red Colored Pepper
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 8 strips Bacon
- 5 oz. jar Chopped Jalapenos (or mild green chilis)
- 1⁄2 cup grated Extra Sharp Cheddar (any strong cheese)
- Slice the Colored Pepper into thin strips, and lay aside. Cut off
Asparagus tops, and lay aside. Separate the Bacon strips, and lay them aside. Also set aside a pile of about 20 Toothpicks. Slice Bird Breasts through the middle (not all the way through) to make them thin – so they lay open like a book.Gourmet Tip:
For the best Asparagus tops, find the “sweet spot” (about 1/3 up on the spear), and snap off the top. Discard the bottom 1/3.
- Drain the Jalapenos, and mix with the Cheese and Spitfire Gourmet Boozy Bouillon. Lay out a breast like an open book, and place a dollop of mixture, colored pepper and a couple asparagus spears on each. Roll each, and wrap with bacon, using the toothpicks to hold together.
- Pepper, and bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.