Chicken Squash Casserole Recipe
Chic & Creamy Chicken Squash Casserole
This recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 30 mins (with precooked squash – otherwise 75 mins). (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 3-4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
♦ 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy
♦ 1 Onion
♦ 1 large Squash (3-4 cups – spaghetti, acorn, or butternut works great)
♦ 1 cup shredded Carrot
♦ 12 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup (organic is best)
♦ Panko Bread Crumbs
♦ Grated Parmesan Cheese
♦ Salt & Pepper
1. Stab a large garden Squash (any kind) several times, and put in a baking dish in 375º oven for about 45 minutes (or until tender when stabbed). At the same time, bake 3-4 Chicken Breasts (salt & pepper first) for about 15 minutes (to 160º). GOURMET TIP: Investing in a good meat thermometer is always a great idea.
2. In a large pot, slice and saute 3 strips Bacon, along with 1/2 small chopped Onion and 1 cup shredded Carrot on medium for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove squash from oven, and let cool. Turn oven up to 400º. Scrape squash out of skin, cut into small cubes, and add to the pot. Add 1/2 cup Water, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy and 12 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup. Pepper to taste.
5. Slice and place cooked chicken in bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, and spread the squash mixture on top. Top with 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese. Bake uncovered at 400º for 10 minutes.
WINE: Pinot Noir (red), or Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc (white)