Chicken Bacon Veggie Pasta
Chic & Creamy Chicken Bacon Veggie Pasta
Prep & cook time: 40 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 3 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
♦ 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy
♦ 12 Asparagus spears
♦ 1 Onion
♦ 16 oz. Spinach
♦ Sun-dried Tomatoes
♦ 8 oz. Pasta
♦ Milk (any kind – organic is best, though)
♦ 4 oz. grated Parmesan
1. In a large pot or wok, cook 4 pieces chopped Bacon on high (not to crispy). Remove bacon and drain grease so there’s about 2 T. left in the pot.
2. Add Chicken (cut into 1” cubes), cooking just til browned, and remove
it from the pot.
3. Reduce heat to medium, and add bacon back to pot along with Asparagus, cut into 1” pieces, and 1/2 chopped Onion. Cook until onion is just translucent, then add 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy, 16 oz. Spinach, 1/3 cup chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes and 3 cups
Milk, and bring to a boil. Stir periodically so the bottom doesn’t burn.
4. Once milk is bubbling, add the chicken back in, along with 8 oz. Pasta, and stir frequently until pasta reaches desired doneness (approx. 10 mins). Gourmet Tip: You can substitute chicken broth
or stock for part or all of the milk. The point is to cook the starchy pasta in something flavorful.
5. Mix in 3/4 cup (4 oz.) grated Parmesan until melted.
WINE: Syrah (red), or a full-bodied Chardonnay (white).