Bacon Bleu Cheese Salad Recipe
Bacon Bleu Spinach Salad with Pheasant (wild bird or chicken), Apple and Sauteed Pecans & Peppers
This spinach salad recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 5-6 boneless skinless Pheasant or Game Bird Breasts (or 3-4 Chicken Breasts)
♦ 3 strips Bacon (or good bacon bits)
♦ 1/2 Colored Pepper, diced
♦ 1/2 c. Pecans
♦ 1/2 packet (about 2 T.) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet Catch
♦ 2 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
♦ 3 T. Red Wine Vinegar
♦ 20 oz. Spinach
♦ 3 Scallions. chopped (use part of the greens, too)
♦ 1 Apple
♦ 4 oz. crumbled Bleu Cheese (grated sharp cheddar works, too)
♦ An Awesome Crusty Bread (if desired)
1. Salt and Pepper Boneless Chicken Breasts, grill or bake (400° for approximately 20 min.) and slice.
2. Cut Bacon into bite-sized pieces, and cook in sauce pan for 2-3 minutes. Drain all but about 1 tsp. of the fat, and add diced Pepper and the Pecans to the pan. Saute 2-3 mins more.
Gourmet Tip: Scissors work great for cutting bacon.
3. Mix 1/2 packet Spitfire Gourmet Sweet Catch into the pan, along with the EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar.
4. Toss this warm dressing with the chicken, Spinach, chopped Scallions, thin-sliced Apple and crumbled Blue Cheese.
5. Serve with an awesome Bread.
WINE: This recipe pairs great with Marsala (red) or Sauvignon Blanc (white).
♦ This recipe is excellent with Steak, too.
♦ If you’re not a Bleu Cheese fan, use grated Sharp Cheddar.
♦ Try an Asian-inspired salad: Add 1 tsp. Sesame Oil, substitute Rice Vinegar, crumbled Feta Cheese, and Mandarins Oranges.
♦ Be gourmet by trying different Vinegars, flavor-infused Oils, Fruits & Cheeses for fun new flavor.
On a mission to cook easy fantastic tender juicy sustainable meats, big game (like venison, bear and elk), birds (like pheasant, wild turkey and duck) and wild caught fish (like salmon, tuna and trout)!