Sweet & Tangy Caramelized Pineapple & Apricot Glazed Ham with Sweet Potatoes
This recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 45 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 2-3 lb. fully cooked Ham
♦ 2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet & Tangy
♦ 2 large Sweet Potatoes
♦ Dijon Mustard
♦ 20 oz. can Pineapple Slices (in heavy syrup)
♦ 15 oz. can Apricot Halves (in heavy syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Fully wrap Ham in foil and place in a deep baking dish. Stab Sweet Potatoes several times with a knife, and wrap each in foil. Bake ham for 5 mins per pound, with sweet potatoes in the oven, baking all at the same time.
2. In a sauce pan on low, melt 2 T. Butter, and mix in 1 T. any Dijon Mustard, along with 2 T.(1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet & Tangy. Drain Pineapple, saving 1/2 cup of liquid, and then Apricots (adding to the liquid if needed). Add this liquid to your sauce pan.
3. Remove ham from oven, and increase oven temp to 400º (leaving sweet potatoes in). Discard ham foil, adding any ham drippings to your sauce pan mixture. Boil sauce for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, to “reduce” it to a glaze.
4. Place unwrapped ham back into baking dish. Take out sweet potatoes, and cut into 1” chunks. Place them in a large bowl, along with the pineapple, apricots & glaze, and toss to coat. Remove sweet potatoes and fruit with a slotted spoon, and arrange them around the ham. Slowly pour the glaze over the ham to coat.
5. Bake uncovered 15 minutes more.
WINE: Fruit-forward Riesling (white) or Zinfandel (red).