Savory Turkey or Whole Game Birds Recipe
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
- 1 Turkey or 4-8 Game Bird/s (Quail, Duck, Wild Turkey, Pheasant)
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic (2 T. jar is fine, too)
- 1 Packet Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami
- 6 slices Bacon
- Large Roasting Pan
- Enough Apples & Onions to stuff the birds (unless stuffing with another recipe)
- Place Turkey or Game Birds in a large roasting pan, breast side up. Slide your hand underneath the skin to separate it from the meat. Crush Fresh Garlic, and mix with the Spitfire Gourmet Teriyaki Ooh-mami Packet
- . Go back underneath the skin to rub seasoning all over the meat.
For even more tenderness, juiciness & flavor, soak birds in something acidic for 6+ hours, like vinegar water, apple or orange juice, brine, or even beer or wine!
- Peel the Apples & Onions, cut into chunks, mix with Salt (and with the garlic mixture if unable to get underneath the skin), and stuff bird/s. Drape Bacon over the top. Cover loosely with foil, and bake: – Turkey at 325° for 12 minutes per pound to internal temperature of 165° – Game birds at 300° for 1-2 hours to internal temperature of 150° Gourmet Tip: Always insert meat thermometer into the meatiest part of the bird without touching bones in order to get the most accurate read.
- Uncover during the last hour to brown. Remove and discard Apples and Onions before serving.
WINE: This recipe pairs with Chardonnay, a Dry Riesling or Viognier (white) or Pinot Noir, Gamay or Zinfandel (red)
VARIATIONS: Blend the apples & onions to smooth to create a sauce… Or use this along with half&half, pepper, and bouillion or Spitfire Gourmet Chic orange packet to thicken and flavor broth for gravy. Substitute any flavorful stuffing for the apples and onions