Parmesan Pecan Encrusted Fish
Chic & Creamy Parmesan Pecan Encrusted Fish & Veggies
This recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 40 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 4 white Fish Filets (i.e. Cod, Mahi Mahi, Tilapia, Halibut)
♦ 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy
♦ 6 cups Veggies (onion, peppers, carrots, zucchini, potatoes work great)
♦ Balsamic Vinegar (good stuff – NOT balsamic glaze)
♦ EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
♦ Chopped Pecans
♦ Panko Bread Crumbs
♦ Shredded Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar, 3 T. EVOO, and 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy. Cut all Veggies into 1″ chunks to make about 6 cups (no need to peel), and stir with mixture until coated.
2. Remove veggies with a slotted spoon (saving mixture in the bowl) & arrange them in one layer on a large baking sheet. Roast veggies for 10 minutes, then lower oven to 350° (leaving veggies in).
3. Add 2 T. Capers to the bowl. Gourmet Tip: To release flavor of the capers, “muddle” them (use the back of a spoon to smash them open). Stir muddled capers into mixture in bowl, along with 1 beaten Egg.
4. Blot the Fish Filets with paper towels to remove moisture, and carefully place them in the egg mixture, turning once to coat. Leave them to marinate for a few minutes. Remove and place fish filets (not touching) in a roasting pan.
5. Stir together 1/2 cup chopped Pecans, 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs & 4 oz. shredded Parmesan. Sprinkle this mixture generously onto the top of each filet, and drizzle the top of this with the remaining marinade. Place fish in the oven with the veggies (don’t worry if oven temp isn’t lowered yet). Cook veggies & fish until it flakes with a fork (about 12 mins – depending on thickness of fish).
6. For “crustier” top, place fish under broiler for about 1 minute.
WINE: Pinot Noir or Syrah (red); Pinot Gris or Pinot Blanc (white).