Veggie Bisque Recipe
Chic & Creamy Veggie Bisque with Maple Drizzle (& Balsamic Prosciutto Crostini)
This recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 60 mins. (4 servings as a meal; 8 as a side dish)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy
♦ 8 cups Root Veggies (zucchini, squash, carrots, parsnips, celeriac, onion… any one or all work great)
♦ Chicken Stock (or broth)
♦ Pure Maple Syrup
♦ Cream Cheese
♦ Sherry Cooking Wine (found at any liquor store)
♦ Italian Prosciutto (thin-sliced)
♦ 2 fresh Tomatoes
♦ Balsamic Vinegar (GOOD stuff – not balsamic glaze)
♦ Provolone Slices
♦ Hard Crostini (or a French loaf)
1. Cut Root Veggies (no need to peel them) into large (approx. 2″) chunks (you’ll need 8 cups total). In a large soup pot, place veggies and cover them with Chicken Stock or broth. Cook until soft, and then place in the freezer (or let sit) to cool a bit.
2. Once lukewarm, transfer all to a blender, and blend until smooth. Gourmet Tip: Hold the lid down tight with a towel, as any heat will produce pressure!
3. Transfer back to the soup pot, and whisk in 4 oz. Cream Cheese, 1/2 cup Sherry (cooking wine), and 1 1/2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Chic & Creamy. Cook until hot, stirring often.
4. Transfer to bowls, and drizzle each with Pure Maple Syrup.
1. Drizzle Crostini with an excellent Balsamic, and top with a slice of Tomato, then Prosciutto, then Provalone.
2. Place under the broiler. Drizzle with more Balsamic before serving.
WINE: Reisling or Chardonnay (white) or Pinot Noir or Chianti (red).