Bacon Bleu Cheese Salad Recipe
Sweet & Tangy Bacon Bleu Spinach Salad with Chicken, Apple and Sauteed Pecans & Peppers
This spinach salad recipe can easily be made LOW CARB.
Prep & cook time: 30 mins. (4 servings)
YOUR LOCAL FRESH SHOPPING LIST:
♦ 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
♦ 3 strips Bacon (or good bacon bits)
♦ 1/2 Colored Pepper, diced
♦ 1/2 c. Pecans
♦ 2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet & Tangy
♦ 3 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
♦ 3 T. Red Wine Vinegar
♦ 20 oz. Spinach
♦ 3 Scallions. chopped (use part of the greens, too)
♦ 1 Apple
♦ 4 oz. crumbled Bleu Cheese (grated sharp cheddar works, too)
♦ An Awesome Crusty Bread (if desired)
1. Salt and Pepper Boneless Chicken Breasts, grill or bake (400° for approximately 20 min.) and slice.
2. Cut 3 strips of Bacon into bite-sized pieces (Gourmet Tip: Scissors work great for this) and cook in sauce pan for 2-3 minutes. Drain all but about 1 T. of the fat, and add 1 diced Pepper and 1/2 cup Pecans to the pan. Saute 2-3 mins more.
3. Mix 2 T. (1/2 packet) Spitfire Gourmet Sweet & Tangy into the pan, along with 2 T. EVOO and 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar.
4. Toss this warm dressing with the chicken, Spinach, chopped Scallions, 1 thin-sliced Apple and crumbled Blue Cheese.
5. Serve with an awesome Bread.
WINE: This recipe pairs great with Marsala (red) or Sauvignon Blanc (white).
♦ This recipe is excellent with Steak, too.
♦ If you’re not a Bleu Cheese fan, use grated Sharp Cheddar.
♦ Try an Asian-inspired salad: Add 1 tsp. Sesame Oil, substitute Rice Vinegar, crumbled Feta Cheese, and Mandarins Oranges.
♦ Be gourmet by trying different Vinegars, flavor-infused Oils, Fruits & Cheeses for fun new flavor.